Saturday, November 18, 2006

Oh, I've Got Fun Now

NOT!!

I'm siiiiiiiiicckkkk!!!! :( It seems I have gone and caught my first cold of the season. Joy. Hubby actually asked me today if I wanted to go shopping and I said *gasp!* "No"! He kinda laughed at me and said, "You really DON'T feel good, do you?" Well, duh! The left side of my nose is pretty much constantly stuffed up, and the right side will be running. Ain't that a bitch? It's like my sinuses or whatever couldn't agree on which way to make me suffer more and decided they'd each do one or the other. Every now and then they switch on me just for shits and giggles.

I hope this is just a cold...I've had a little bit of a fever on and off. Do you get fevers with colds?? If you do, what do you do then? Starve the cold or feed the fever??! My throat hurt this morning when I woke up but it's fine now. I HATE having a sore throat with a passion. I don't mind having the worst cold in the world as long as my throat doesn't hurt. Well, I do mind, but you know what I mean. I haven't had much of an appetite either. When I have eaten, you know, 'cuz you're supposed to do that...it hasn't been very much.

Yeah...and this morning when all I wanted to do was sleep, I couldn't, because we had a caseworker coming over and I had to clean the house. That didn't take that long, but I had like zero energy. The caseworker was doing some more paperwork on the home assessment thing for the adoption. I got to read her rough draft of the report and it's all good, no worries there. But you know, she's like one of THREE different caseworkers who've been out for home assessment purposes. She called a few days ago and one of the things she was needing was copies of our driver's licenses and the insurance on our vehicle...we'd JUST given copies of all that to a different caseworker like a week before!!! So of course we're saying "Didn't we just DO that?" I mean, really! Is there not one big file with all the millions of pieces of information we've given to them?? Do caseworkers not talk to each other and compare notes??? I guess not!!

I've said it once, and I'll say it again...I will be SO glad to be done with DHS and caseworkers! I know they're just doing their jobs, but geez louise. I know, I know...it's all going to be worth it in the end, when we can finally say that legally...the girls are OUR daughters! I do know that, and I will continue to do whatever I'm expected to do. It's just been a long, long, rough and trying year and a half. I just can't wait to do a post with the title "ADOPTION DAY!!" LOL

Well....typing this post has worn me out...think I'm gonna go lay back down on the couch and be miserable some more! Right after I kick hubby's snoring ass off of it 'cuz he's laying in the most comfy spot.

*Note to self* You are gonna have a VERY sore nose if you don't go to the store and get some Puffs with Lotion sometime tomorrow. Some Dayquil and Nyquil couldn't hurt either....

6 comments:

Tish said...

So sorry you're sick! I've been sick for the past week myself. I finally went to the doctor, and it's a good thing. I had been treating myself for a cold. Turns out I have a sinus infection and bronchitis - not a cold! Arrghh. Hopefully we'll both be all better soon! :)

Just Me said...

Tis the season. I have been sick since about the third week of October. I also started with the cold/fever/sore throat but graduated to swollen glands. I think I had a sinus thing too because my face hurt SO bad. My cheeks, my nose, even my teeth. I had some left over antibiotics that got me through the wosrt but 4 weeks later and I still have the cough from hell. I have been living on Dayquil and Nyquil, but the Walmart brand. It works for half the price.

My advice, get as much rest as you can. I know that's hard with little ones. Just hope you don't get a cough!

Hope you feel better soon and hope you can make that "Adoption Day" post soon too!

AJ said...

Sorry your not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon & I'll pray that the girls don't get it!!!

MomThatsNuts said...

ahhh Im sorry your sick!! Sick sucks I hate it!! Niquil is good. Chamomille tea is good. Its soothing and helps you sleep. I also find that Advil cold and sinus helps for my head colds...Hope you feel better~~

Mom

SignGurl said...

Get well hugs coming your way.

Katie McKenna said...

feel better soon!!!!