Saturday, December 31, 2005
Well, since I am still kinda new to the blog world, I don't have that much to reminisce about as far as blogland goes. I do know that I have met some truly awesome people since starting my blog! I also discovered the phenomenon that is HNT and I love it!
2005 definitely brought extreme changes to my life. You know how they say "a baby changes everything"? Just imagine suddenly going from having no kids (at home anyway) to having a baby AND a toddler in the space of a month! Oh my gosh, y'all can't even begin to know all I've been through this year, and I am still going through. It has been wonderful, awesome, frustrating, scary, and all kinds of other emotions together.
2006 is going to bring more challenges as we continue to fight to bring Andy home permanently, and to get all three of the kids adopted and out of DHS custody. I hope it will all work out in the end.
So, here's to a great New Year! I hope you all have your dreams come true!
It's been six months now since you came into our lives and changed it forever. It has certainly been quite an experience!
You took right to us with no problems even after all you've been through in your short life. Before you came to live with us, you had already been in four different foster homes and you were only 2 1/2!
You sure have changed in the last half year...your speech is better, though you are still hard to understand a lot of times, which can be very frustrating to both you and your Daddy and me when you can't get across to us what you are wanting to say. Even more frustrating is when I don't hear what you are saying and say "What?"...you'll repeat whatever it is even quieter than you said it the first time! Oh, I'm having SUCH a hard time trying to explain to you what "louder" means! You've become more independent, saying "I do it!" when it comes to a lot of things, especially getting dressed. I try to let you "do it" as much as I can, but you still need help at times.
So, today you are 3, or "free" as you say...LOL...I guess that's how most little kids say " 3" at first. Lately you have become quite the diva! You've been demanding, wanting what you want when you want it...you've been possessive, everything to you is "mine!"...and most aggravating, you've been throwing temper tantrums when you don't like something, crying and hollering at the top of your lungs! Oh my gosh, I hope you outgrow this particular phase soon!
Your Daddy and I want you to know that even with all the changes that have happened in our lives since you (and Meghan!) came along, all the drama, frustrations, and tears, we both love you so very much and can't imagine life without you anymore! We can't wait to see what happens next... you do bring lots of happiness to our lives, no matter what else happens!
Happy Birthday Destiny! I hope the day is joyful and full of surprises for you!
Love you forever,
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
I've only been doing HNT for a couple of months now, so I don't have a lot of pics to choose from. Most of mine have been of my kids, or parts of them. This HNT pic is my favorite because it was when I chose to be bold and really put myself out there. This is as half-nekkid as I've ever been on the internet...so I give you...for an encore performance.....
My Belly! :)
Notice I am not a "skinny bitch"...and that's okay, 'cuz I'm loved just the way I am! :)
Happy HNT!! For more nekkidness, go see the Grand Poobah of HNT, Osbasso! Just click on the button with the lady in lingerie in my sidebar.
Monday, December 26, 2005
All the kids got quite a haul...Andy loved his bike, though unfortunately we didn't get to let him ride it yet. We had him on Christmas Eve, and it was pretty chilly outside and not good for his asthma. Wouldn't you know that the very next day it was nice and warm and a beautiful day! Had to have been damn near 70 degrees! It was so funny, right before he left to be taken home by MrKB he gave his bike a hug and a kiss while saying "Bye Bikey!" LOL Kids just crack me up sometimes...
As for MY goodies, I got some nice stuff...I got not one, but TWO of the new Garth Brooks boxed set of cd's (one from Mom, one from hubby), a Tigger t-shirt and two sets of Tigger slipper socks, 3 porcelain dolls (2 of them are a set of kissing dolls), some manicure stuff, a makeup set, Beanie Babies, a set of very cool jammies...I think there was more, but that's all I can recall at the moment.
MrKB got a new PS2 game, "Gun", that he's playing right now, 2 DVDs (Star Wars Revenge of the Sith and Fantastic Four), some Stetson Black cologne, a Monster Garage coffee mug set, gift card for WalMart, LOTS of chocolate candy...which made him happy, 'cuz he's a chocoholic...new tennis shoes, a miniature Van Gogh painting set, and ummmm...I don't know what else.
Can't even begin to tell ya all the stuff the kids got! LOL
Christmas was wonderful, but I'm so glad it's over now! I slept until noon today, and I still feel exhausted! My house is a wreck, there are still presents everywhere that need to be put away, or put together, and the general clean-up needs to be done. Right now I don't wanna!! Think I'm just gonna be lazy and hang out in my cool new jammies all day...I do need to go to the grocery store sometime today though, the baby needs formula.
Gotta go for now, Meghan is tired and raising hell...gonna try to get her down for a nap.
Saturday, December 24, 2005
We will spend Christmas Eve at MrKB's Mom's for awhile...probably having another dinner and opening more presents. But first, in the morning our kids will open their presents from us here at our place. We only have Andy with us until 6pm Sat, so we told him that we talked to Santa and he's gonna be making a special stop at our house just for him, since he won't be here on Christmas day. He seemed excited about that....I got their stockings all filled and waiting, and the bike is back out of hiding. I absolutely cannot wait to see the kids' faces in the morning!!
Sunday we'll be at MrKB's Aunt's house with his Mom's side of the family to exchange gifts with people whose names we drew....the kids will probably get even MORE presents, and we'll have yet another dinner. WooHoo I won't have to fix dinner for 3 nights in a row!! (I hate to cook, but have to anymore since the kids came along).
Gonna be a really busy weekend for us! MrKB gets Monday off from work, so he'll be able to recover from all the running around we'll be doing. Didn't get a Christmas bonus though...cheap asses!!! Ah, well....
Anyway, just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, and whatever else you may be celebrating, I hope it is perfect in every way and wonderful new memories are made.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!
And to all a Good Night! :)
Thursday, December 22, 2005
*on a side note...can someone PLEASE tell me how to link to other blogs I'm referring to in my posts?? I want to be able to do it by just putting Heather or whatever instead of the whole web addy.*
"The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits of yourself," and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You are tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours."
Alright, so...five weird habits...have to think on this one a bit!
1. Whenever I read the newspaper, I HAVE to fold the pages back on each other EXACTLY. I don't read the paper all spread out in front of me...I will read it kinda like how you would fold a magazine back around itself (does that make sense??) and I will fold the crease opposite of how it is to start with. I can't stand for a newspaper to get all messy while I'm reading it.
2. Before I get in bed, I will straighten the covers...then after I get into bed I will pull the top edges of the sheet even with the comforter (and blanket too, if there is one)...then I will fan the covers until they are situated just how I like them. This drives MrKB nuts!!
3. When I do my laundry, I always do it in a certain order...girls' clothes, then colors, whites, jeans then towels. I don't know why, I just do...it bugs me if the order is out of whack.
4. Like Opaco said on his 5 weird thing meme, when I'm going to sleep I have to lay on my stomach, and rub my foot along the bed. It relaxes me...except I don't scoot down and hang my feet off the edge...can't stand that.
5. And finally...this is something that I don't do as much anymore, but still do sometimes...When I'm eating Crunchberries cereal, I will eat all the "crunch" part first, then as I'm eating the berries I will count them.
Ok, that was harder than I thought!! I'm supposed to tag 5 people now, so I tag:
KateHopeEden Yep, I wanna know weird stuff about y'all!
Now, for my Christmas HNT...According to Osbasso, we're supposed to choose 3 other HNTers and post what we would get them for Christmas if we had the means to. So, I pick: Aisha, Ty, and Jenn (Signgurl)
For Aisha: I would buy you the coolest pair of leather gloves ever to replace the Trinity-like gloves your sister was so quick to give away. In fact, I'd buy you two pairs, so you'll always have a back-up pair!
For Ty: I would pay for all the high tech stuff needed to keep tabs on your wife's growing belly, and pretty much guarantee a beautiful, healthy baby.
For Jenn (Signgurl): I would buy you 12 gift certificates, enough for once a month for a year, to a Luxury Day Spa...so you can relax and be pampered by hot tubs, facials, and deluxe massages by a gorgeous masseur. You deserve it!
There we go! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Happy HNT!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Put an "X" by all the things you've done and share it with your friends.
1. (x) Smoked a cigarette. Yeah...unfortunately started smoking when I was 19. Still working on quitting.
2. ( ) Crashed a friend's car.
3. ( ) Stolen a car.
4. (x) Been in love. Of course! I am truly, madly, deeply in love with my husband! And yes, I'd been in love before him, but not this way.
5. (x) Been dumped. A couple of times...usually it was me that initiated breakups.
6. (x) Shoplifted. For some reason, when I was a kid, I stole some Hot Wheels cars. Don't really know why...
7. (x) Been fired/laid off. I don't know anyone that hasn't at some time or another.
8. (x) Been in a fist fight. Not really...I did get jumped by a boyfriend's ex once though...she just didn't like me. I would've fought back, but when she started on me she knocked me down and my hearing aid went flying off into the grass...I was too busy trying to find it to hit her back. Stupid bitch.
9. (x) Snuck out of your parent's house. Yeah, and got caught too.
10. (x) Had feelings for someone that didn't have them back. Isn't that what a crush is???
11. ( ) Been arrested. No way!
12. ( ) Gone on a blind date. Nope. Never needed to.
13. ( ) Lied to a friend. I don't think I have anyway...I try to be honest.
14. (x) Skipped school. Twice...and I got caught both times! Ended up with ISS (In School Suspension) both times.
15. ( ) Seen someone die. Thankfully, no.
16. ( ) Been to Canada. Had opportunities to when we were on the road, but since our cat rode with us, we didn't go into Canada.
17. ( ) Been to Mexico. Been right on the border, but not actually there...someday I will!
18. (x) Been on a plane. Yes, and I hate every minute of it...I have a fear of flying.
19. ( ) Purposely set a part of yourself on fire. WTF would I do THAT for?!?
20. (x) Eaten sushi. Does tasting it count?? I thought it was nasty.
21. (x) Been skiing. Yep, both snow and water. I like snowskiing better, but can't do that in Oklahoma.
22. (x) Met someone in person from the internet. Yep, a friend from Australia who had a layover in Dallas, and a really good friend in Virginia.
23. (x) Taken pain-killers. Hasn't everyone??
24. (x) Love someone or miss someone right now. I love and miss my two stepdaughters who live with their Mom in Texas.
25. (x) Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by. Lazy days!
26. (x) Made a snow angel. Not since I was a kid.
27. (x) Had a tea party. Again, not since I was a kid.
28. (x) Flown a kite. Yeah...it's kinda boring.
29. (x) Built a sand castle. Nothing too fancy though.
30. ( ) Gone puddle jumping.
31. (x) Played dress up. I was a little girl once ya know.
32. ( ) Cheated while playing a game.
33. (x) Been lonely. Of course.
34. (x) Fallen asleep at work/school. School is a given...but when I worked at the daycare, I would lay right down with the kids at nap time and have a little snooze.
35. ( ) Used a fake I.D. I didn't even know where to GET one.
36. (x) Watched a sunset. Lots more of those than sunrises, lemme tell ya.
37. (x) Felt an earthquake. A little one when I was in San Diego...most Californians prolly didn't even notice it.
38. (x) Touched a snake. Our class pet in the 6th grade was a boa constrictor.
39. (x) Slept beneath the stars. In a tent, but that counts, right?
40. (x) Been tickled. I hate that.
41. (x) Been robbed. By a family member of all things.
42. (x) Been misunderstood. Who hasn't??
43. (x) Petted a reindeer/goat.
44. (x) Won a contest. Spelling bees are contests, aren't they?
45. (x) Ran a red light. It happens.
46. ( ) Been suspended from school.
47. (x) Been in a car accident. I rear ended a minivan when the brakes on my car failed. Fender bender, nothing serious.
48. ( ) Had braces. I wish I had.
49. (x) Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night.
50. (x) Had deja vu. Always freaky when that happens.
51. (x) Danced in the moonlight. Yep, and nekkid too!
52. (x) Liked the way you looked. Occasionally...I clean up nicely.
53. ( ) Witnessed a crime.
54. (x) Questioned your heart. Big time.
55. ( ) Been obsessed with post it notes.
56. (x) Squished barefoot through the mud. Hell, my Grandmother has pics of me and my cousins taking a mud bath.
57. (x) Been lost. Only 'cuz hubby refused to stop for directions!!
58. (x) Been to the opposite side of the country. Been to all the States except Alaska and Hawaii.
59. ( ) Swam in the ocean. Too scared of sharks and jellyfish.
60. (x) Felt like dying. Yes, of a broken heart.
61. (x) Cried yourself to sleep. I had a miscarriage.
62. ( ) Played cops and robbers.
63. (x) Recently colored with crayons. I have small children, what do you think?
64. ( ) Sung karaoke. Nope, but get me drunk enough and I might!
65. ( ) Paid for a meal with only coins.
66. (x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't.
67. ( ) Laughed til some kind of beverage came out your nose.
68. (x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue. Just the other night, actually.
69. ( ) Danced in the rain.
70. ( ) Written a letter to Santa Claus. If I did, I don't remember.
71. (x) Been kissed under the mistletoe.
72. (x) Watched the sun rise with someone you care about.
73. (x) Blown bubbles. Of course.
74. ( ) Made a bonfire on the beach. Ain't no beaches in Oklahoma.
75. ( ) Crashed a party.
76. (x) Gone roller-skating. Are you kidding?? Before driving, the skating rink was THE place to be on weekends.
77. (x) Had a wish come true. I have kids now, don't I?
78. ( ) Worn pearls. Not real ones, no.
79. ( ) Jumped off a bridge.
80. ( ) Ate dog/cat food. Ewwww!
81. ( ) Told a complete stranger you loved them.
82. (x) Kissed a mirror. Only when leaving sexy messages in lipstick!
83. ( ) Sang in the shower. Can't hear myself, so it'd be kinda pointless, don't ya think?
84. ( ) Had a dream that you married someone.
85. ( ) Glued your hand to something.
86. ( ) Got your tongue stuck to a flagpole. I'm not that stupid.
87. ( ) Kissed a fish. Again, Ewwww!
88. (x) Sat on a rooftop. The roof on my Grandparents detached garage is low-hanging and easy to climb on.
89. (x) Screamed at the top of your lungs.
90. (x) Done a one-handed cartwheel. Not very well.
91. (x) Talked on the phone for more than six hours on one occasion. I was a teenager once, of course I did!
92. (x) Stayed up all night. Lots of times.
93. (x) Didn't take a shower for a week. That's easy to do when you live on the road.
94. ( ) Picked and ate an apple right off the tree. An apple, no...a pear, yes.
95. ( ) Climbed a tree that had a tree house. Scared of heights.
96. (x) Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot. Been awhile.
97. ( ) Ever had a one night stand.
98. (x) Ever missed someone so much it still hurts to think of them. My Grandpa and my Nannie.
99. ( ) Ever loved someone that you knew wouldn't love you back.
100. ( ) Ever been to a professional baseball, football, or hockey game in a stadium. No...been to a semi-pro baseball game though.
101. (x) Went hiking in the mountains.
102. ( ) Smoked a cigar.
103. ( ) Had a crush on someone you worked with but never told them. Nope, never had any crush-worthy coworkers.
104. (x) Wished you had the chance to change your profession. Yep, and I did too...From Cosmetologist to Preschool Teacher.
105. ( ) Ever cremated and kept the ashes of a pet you cared a lot about.
106. (x) Wished you could live your life over again beginning at age 21.
107. ( ) Been baptized.
108. (x) Rode a horse. Yep, not too bad at it either...I manage to stay on.
109. ( ) Sent flowers to someone you never met.
WHEW! This was longer than I thought!! I'm not gonna tag anyone, but I hope somebody else will do it anyway. I'll do the other meme tomorrow, Heather, okie doke?
Monday, December 19, 2005
This first pic is of Meghan and her first time to stand up in her Pack 'n Play. She's really got it down now, pulling herself up on anything she possibly can.
Another pic of Meghan standing...in this one she's holding onto the couch in the living room. I think I took her by surprise... I just called her name and she turned around to look at me and I snapped the picture. I can't believe how fast she's growing!!
LOL...this is something I just HAD to take a picture of...She was sitting in her Exersaucer while watching a Baby Einstein DVD. She must have been extra tired from all the standing, 'cuz I looked over at her and she was fast asleep! :)
And finally, these three pics are the results of the shopping frenzy! You saw the tree before, now see it after! I still have a few presents left to wrap, but the majority of the ones here are the kids', not counting their Santa gifts. Well, except for the bike....just had to show y'all!
Now that I'm done worrying about how Christmas is going to be, I can hardly wait for it to get here!! LOL
Gotta go....gonna make a fringed blanket for my Aunt whose name I drew this year! It was decided we'd make gifts instead of buy them, so here I go...
Friday, December 16, 2005
Andy is gonna be thrilled to see what Santa brings him! He's getting a shiny new bike! He has one, but it's a small bike and he's been wanting something bigger. See what you've done, Christmas Angel?? A little boy's wish is gonna come true on Christmas day! That kid is gonna make out like a bandit this year between me and MrKB, his fosters, and both our parents and Grandparents. Spoiled rotten, I tell ya!
Destiny is gonna do just as well...We didn't get as much stuff for Meghan though. We figure she's gonna be more interested in the wrapping paper and bows anyway. LOL
Speaking of Meghan, she's reached another baby milestone. She can now pull herself up into a standing position! I took a picture of her the first time I saw her do it in her Pack 'n Play. I don't have it loaded on the computer yet...when I do, I will post it for y'all to see. Won't be long now and she'll really be running me ragged! I wish she could stay little like this for awhile. I waited so long for a baby and I'm enjoying every minute of her baby days....well, almost every minute...she's gotten quite vocal lately, and at the top of her lungs too!
MrKB is feeling better...ended up going to the doctor, and just as we thought, he has strep throat. Got him his OWN antibiotics (y'all can quit worrying now) and today is the first day all week that his throat didn't hurt so much. He ended up missing four days of work. Ouch...We didn't take Andy for the weekend, obviously we don't want him to catch this crap. We'll see him next weekend. I hope he wasn't too disappointed...I'd promised him we'd make Christmas cookies.
I've got more stuff to tell y'all about, but Meghan is raising hell and I need to go get her to sleep. I'll try to post about it tomorrow...technically it IS tomorrow, since it's after midnight, so I guess I should say later today. That's it for now, though. Hope y'all are having a good weekend! :)
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
So anyway...finally managed to get around to typing up and printing off some copies of my Christmas newsletter for the cards. Now I just need to get around to signing them and getting them addressed and sent off if I want people to get them before Christmas!
I've got a Christmas angel! One of my blogger friends has the most generous spirit ever, and has helped me to be able to have some presents under our tree for the kids. Thanks to her, their first Christmas with us is going to be great! I don't want to mention her name, because I don't think she'd want the attention...but she knows who she is, and I just wanted to acknowledge it here on my blog. I've never had anybody be so sweet and caring before, and I appreciate it more than she'll ever know. So, a million Thanks to my special Christmas Angel!!! :) You are truly amazing, and have got to have some awesome karma coming back to you! THANK YOU!
This morning I had to go to the doctor for a hearing test. I applied for Disability for my hearing impairment, and they needed more medical evidence. They set the appointment and the test up at no cost to me, so I went...this is one test I knew I wasn't gonna fail, that's for sure. After all, I'm completely deaf in my left ear and have had a hearing aid in the other since I was 10 years old. Hard to believe it's been 24 years now. The good thing about this test is I found out that my hearing hasn't gotten any worse over the last 10 years. I worry about losing what hearing I have left sometimes...
Nothin' else new to report...I'm so boring, I know! LOL
Sunday, December 11, 2005
I don't know what the hell was wrong with these kids this weekend. They have drove both me and MrKB nuts! Andy has gone home now, but the other two are still here and my niece keeps complaining she is bored. Argh....
Destiny was a little brat all day yesterday after the kids got here. She got in trouble I don't know how many times! Just general not minding, doing stuff she knows she's not supposed to, that kinda thing. Even Andy got in trouble a couple of times!
This morning MrKB woke me up saying "Help! These kids are driving me nuts!" I got up and my nephew was in time out...apparently he'd been beating up on both his sister and Andy. I don't know what's got into him lately either...he thinks he's slick too, that we have no clue what he's up to. When he's lying, he's got a dead give away...he'll reach up and scratch his head, EVERY TIME! Like he's thinking hard on what to say.
I've had very little patience this weekend. Usually I'm a lot more patient with the kids...must be PMS, I dunno. All I know is I was ready for these kids to GO HOME!! My in-laws didn't come to pick them up until damn near 7pm, and they'd been here since around noon yesterday. I kinda felt taken advantage of, really. My girls didn't stay at her house that long on my birthday...we didn't even take them over there until in the evening and MrKB picked them up by 2 in the afternoon the next day.
Sigh....I'm probably just tired.
! You are most Like A Sapphire !Dark, mysterious - but unforgettable. You have a
deepbeauty. Delicate, and shy you try to stay away from
thelimelight but often your intelligence puts you in
at thedeep end. You're like a Sapphire, because, your
beauty is priceless.You're intelligent, full of opinions, and not
big-headed about it all.Sometimes you need to put yourself out there, as
you can be a bit shy.Congratulations ... You're the mysterious gem
everybody wants to have and learn more about.
?? Which Precious Gem Are You ??
brought to you by Quizilla
Friday, December 09, 2005
Mom came by in the afternoon and brought me my bday present: Season 10 of Friends on DVD!!! Just what I wanted! Also a card with 40 bucks. :) Daddy came over just a few minutes later and brought me a different printer for my computer. The one he'd brought before we couldn't get to work like it should. This one is bigger and a lot nicer...finally when there's something I want to print out, I can!
Then Mom, Dad, the girls and I went out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. MrKB was working and couldn't go. It was great! I had chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce. The employees sang Happy Birthday to me while I wore a purple sombrero on my head....bet I was a sight! It was all in fun.
Later, after MrKB got home, we took the girls to MIL's for the night and went out to the new casino at Remington Park. It's not bad, and we were actually doing pretty well on a quarter game, but played it all back again. I tried to tell MrKB we should cash out, but he insisted on playing some more. Oh well, it was fun, and we'd only put 20 bucks in it anyway. Never mind that we were up over 150 at one point...
We went back home sometime after midnight, and I would've had birthday sex, but MrKB had to be up at 4:30am to go to work. I told him to make it up to me later. ;)
Since the girls spent the night at Grandma's, I got to sleep in...woke up on and off a bit, but didn't get up for good until 1pm!! I hadn't slept that long in AGES!! It was great!
All in all, I had a better birthday than I thought I would.
Tonight is supposed to be our night to pick up Andy for the weekend, but his foster mom called last night...apparently there's some Christmas party thing going on for the kids at the therapist's office this evening and she wanted to know if we'd pick him up Saturday instead. Which is fine, really, but she should have called earlier in the week, not waited til the night before the day we're supposed to get him, don't you think?? You know she didn't find out about this party the day before, she's probably known about it all week. I'm debating emailing the caseworker about this...
Not much else going on...still haven't been able to do any Christmas shopping, have had to pay bills instead. I'm starting to worry that we won't be able to give the kids anything for their first Christmas with us. Sigh... I keep telling myself it will all work out, but I really don't know. And I know you're thinking "Why did you go to the casino then?" Because it was my birthday, dammit, and we only had 40 bucks anyway.
Hope y'all have a great weekend!
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
WooHoo! Two months worth of HNT! How time flies...
I haven't felt well today. Didn't do a whole lot...posted a few cartoons I'd gotten in an email that made me chuckle, checked out a few blogs, took a long-assed nap!
Last night I put a Weatherpixie on my blog in the sidebar. Would you look at that?!?! 14 fuckin' degrees!! In Oklahoma!!! It wasn't anywhere NEAR that cold on my birthday! And to top it all off, it freakin' SNOWED today! Grrrrr...I hate snow! We got at least an inch, maybe 2 here in the city. The snow doesn't bother me half as much as the cold though. Hope it doesn't last long!
Anyway, for HNT this week I've got a picture of warmer days. This is 2yr old....ah, bloody hell....I'm tired of referring to the kids by ages! This is DESTINY, enjoying the kiddie pool this past summer. We were at my grandparents' house, and it was a spur of the moment thing, so she didn't have a swimsuit, only her Pull-up. You shoulda seen that thing after it was waterlogged! LOL...it was hanging way down in the back showing half her little butt! Too funny...
As for the other kids' names....5yr old is Andy...baby girl is Meghan. :)
For more Half-Nekkid fun, go see the Grand Poobah of HNT: Osbasso! Just click the half-nekkid chick on the red button in my sidebar. Happy HNT Y'all!
Monday, December 05, 2005
SO...today I am 34! Dang, I'm gettin' old. At least I feel it sometimes.
No big plans today....MrKB is at work and we won't be going out or anything since we're broke. My Mom is coming to pick me up in awhile to take me out to lunch. She's also getting me a birthday cheesecake...yum!
Other than that, it's not gonna be much of a day. Oh well.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!
Sunday, December 04, 2005
MrKB and I got the tree set up and the branches all straightened out....put the garland on, then I proceeded to put hangers on the ornaments. 5yr old and 2yr old were so cute, running back and forth to me to get more ornaments to hang on the tree. They did a wonderful job, and the tree looks beautiful! Sorry the pic is a little blurry...If you look close, you can see some of my Christmas Teeny Beanie bears hung on the tree. One year, we did our tree almost entirely decorated with my beanie babies...I have a pic of that somewhere, so maybe I'll post it another day.
Also got out some of my other holiday beanies and put them around the living room. My computer is now all decked out for Christmas! :)
Today 5yr old and I went to see the Train Show at the fairgrounds. My Daddy is a member of a model train club (HO scale) and they have a big display at the show every year. It was just him and me...kind of a "bonding" thing for us. He seemed to enjoy looking at all the cool set-ups, and they even had a kids' hands-on area set up with train tracks and trains they could play with. He LOVED that!
All in all, it was a pretty good weekend....Oh yeah, the bday party at MickeyD's went good. Chaotic, as you can imagine, with about a dozen kids all hyped up on excitement and cake. My niece is quite the diva, actually, and was a bit of a brat. Too much excitement in one day for her, I guess. No major meltdowns, but lots of whining. Oh well.
Hope y'all had a lovely weekend, and remember, TOMORROW is my birthday, so send pressies!! LOL Cash will do in a pinch. ;)
Saturday, December 03, 2005
My niece being born was simultaneously joyful and painful for me. As you know from my last HNT, I had been trying for a very long time to get pregnant. My sister is younger than me, and had always said she didn't even want to have kids. When she got pregnant, it broke my heart. I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach when I heard the news. My Mom was the one who told me, because my sister was scared to let me know. She knew it would be painful for me.
Angelina was born 2 days before my 30th birthday...I'd hoped she'd be born ON my birthday, but I guess she couldn't wait any longer! Since that day, she's been spoiled rotten, lemme tell ya! I love her with all my heart and she's brought me much more joy than pain. Happy Birthday Angelina! I love you!
In other news, we went and picked up 5yr old yesterday for his weekend visit. Went to Big Lots and got a tree for Christmas! 20 bucks for a 7ft. tree with 300 lights on it already! They didn't have much of a selection as far as ornaments and stuff, so we went over to Wal-Mart and got a bunch of decorations. We haven't had a Christmas tree for about the last 3 Christmases since we were on the road in the big rig. The tree we used to have, and all our decorations, were lost when we moved. That really sucked since it was ornaments from my childhood and stuff like that.
Today we'll be going to McDonald's for Angelina's birthday party. 5yr old LOVES MickeyD's, so he's really looking forward to the party. Right now, though, I am doing laundry so the girls will have something to wear (that's warm enough!) and MrKB is getting a spot ready for our tree. It's gonna be a busy weekend!