Monday, April 09, 2007

Our Big Day

Friday, April 6, 2007 at around 9:30am we stood in front of the Judge with our girls in our arms and watched as he signed the papers declaring us their parents and completing the adoption we'd been working towards for almost two years!!!

The whole thing took less than five minutes...I dunno, I always thought it'd be a bit longer than that. At any rate, just by signing his name to the adoption papers, this wonderful Judge made a 14 year long dream come true, and made me a Mama.

No more monthly caseworker visits...no more rules and regulations...no more red tape...no more being put under the microscope! We are DONE and these two precious girls are now our DAUGHTERS. You guys have NO idea how this makes me feel!

Anyway, as promised...here are some pictures of our big day!

Destiny waiting to leave for court:


Both girls before we left the apartment:


Our newly official family and the Judge who made it so:



One of us, the Judge, and the fosters who adopted the girls' brother the same day:

We're a FAMILY!

15 comments:

Jo said...

I am so happy for you and your family. Those 2 girls are so beautiful. COngrats!

~Tim said...

Congrats. What a great looking family!

Anonymous said...

Aww hun I am so happy for you all! The pics are lovely, the girls are growing up to be beautiful little princesses. All the best xx

Monica said...

I'm very happy for you...I know this was a long time coming and those girls are so loved.

I have a nosy question and you don't have to answer because it really is nosy. Have you and the other family thought about whether you will keep the girls and their brother in touch with each other? It looks like you are and I applaud that but I couldn't remember if you had ever mentioned that.

And congrats to his family for their special day as well. :)

GERBEN said...

I am so dang happy for you guys! And the girls look TOO CUTE!

Angela said...

What an absolutely beautiful family ya'll make:-). Congrats again to you guys.

Have a great day!!!

Grandma Lola said...

Congratulations honey. What a beautiful family. *huge hugs*

Mrs. S. said...

Aw, you were always a mama, papers or not...

Congrats!

Just Me said...

Love the pictures. What a great day!

super des said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Oh KBear congratulations! I am so happy for you all. I know you have wanted this for such a long time. It is just fantastic to hear that it has all finally fallen into place for you.

I wish you all the best for the future! :)

Politically Homeless said...

That is so wonderful. Both of my kids are adopted and I have had that moment in front of the judge where it all becomes official. There is such elation and relief on your faces..its beautiful.

Congratulations!

Tish said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.