Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Second Meme and Christmas HNT

Ok, so yesterday I mentioned I'd been tagged with two memes. The first one ended up being so long I decided to post the second one today. Heather over at "A High and Hidden Place" got me with the 5 Weird Things meme.

*on a side note...can someone PLEASE tell me how to link to other blogs I'm referring to in my posts?? I want to be able to do it by just putting Heather or whatever instead of the whole web addy.*

"The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits of yourself," and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You are tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours."

Alright, so...five weird habits...have to think on this one a bit!
1. Whenever I read the newspaper, I HAVE to fold the pages back on each other EXACTLY. I don't read the paper all spread out in front of me...I will read it kinda like how you would fold a magazine back around itself (does that make sense??) and I will fold the crease opposite of how it is to start with. I can't stand for a newspaper to get all messy while I'm reading it.

2. Before I get in bed, I will straighten the covers...then after I get into bed I will pull the top edges of the sheet even with the comforter (and blanket too, if there is one)...then I will fan the covers until they are situated just how I like them. This drives MrKB nuts!!

3. When I do my laundry, I always do it in a certain order...girls' clothes, then colors, whites, jeans then towels. I don't know why, I just do...it bugs me if the order is out of whack.

4. Like Opaco said on his 5 weird thing meme, when I'm going to sleep I have to lay on my stomach, and rub my foot along the bed. It relaxes me...except I don't scoot down and hang my feet off the edge...can't stand that.

5. And finally...this is something that I don't do as much anymore, but still do sometimes...When I'm eating Crunchberries cereal, I will eat all the "crunch" part first, then as I'm eating the berries I will count them.

Ok, that was harder than I thought!! I'm supposed to tag 5 people now, so I tag:
April
Roximoon
Kaliblue
Duff
KateHopeEden Yep, I wanna know weird stuff about y'all!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, for my Christmas HNT...According to Osbasso, we're supposed to choose 3 other HNTers and post what we would get them for Christmas if we had the means to. So, I pick: Aisha, Ty, and Jenn (Signgurl)
For Aisha: I would buy you the coolest pair of leather gloves ever to replace the Trinity-like gloves your sister was so quick to give away. In fact, I'd buy you two pairs, so you'll always have a back-up pair!


For Ty: I would pay for all the high tech stuff needed to keep tabs on your wife's growing belly, and pretty much guarantee a beautiful, healthy baby.

For Jenn (Signgurl): I would buy you 12 gift certificates, enough for once a month for a year, to a Luxury Day Spa...so you can relax and be pampered by hot tubs, facials, and deluxe massages by a gorgeous masseur. You deserve it!

There we go! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Happy HNT!

12 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Great post and wonderful gifts! Have a wonderful Yule season! Cheers!

Mark Leslie said...

What great gifts! Happy HNT to you.

For help in linking to another blog perhaps this is coming late, but I'll try to help.

It looks like you're using blogger. There's a link button above the window you're typing in to post that looks like two links of a chain.

Highlight the text (ie, the person's name), then click it and paste in their site's url in the pop up window that appears -- for yours, it would be "http://mamakbear.blogspot.com/" - just the stuff between the quotes.

Then when you see the text it should be underlined, that's how you know you've gotten it to work.

Unless, of course, I completely misunderstood your question and there's some funky way you can create code to instantly recognize a text name to auto-establish a link - if that's the case, I'd love to learn how to do that too.

Just Brian said...

Cool meme. Great Gift choices. Happy HNT MamaK

MamaKBear said...

Lecram: Thanks, hun! Happy Holidays to you and yours. :)

Mark: Happy HNT to you too. I tried what you said, and I couldn't get it to work....I will keep trying though.

MamaKBear said...

Awwww now, Ty you are makin' me blush! I wish it was for real and not just a virtual gift.

Happy Holidays baby! :)

Zephyr said...

MamaKBear... You do what MarkLeslie said (use the chain link icon and enter the link there)... and then after you hit enter, your cursor should be in the middle of a line of code. The code will look something like (a href="the site)(/a) with the greater than/less than symbols instead of parentheses. (If I use the actual characters, it would convert the code here instead of showing it, so you need to pretend those aren't parenthesis!) The first part starts the link and the (/a) ends it. The middle, in between the two parts is where your cursor appears, and right there you type the text that you want to show instead of the link.

So... substitute those left and right arrow head/greater than/less than thingies for the parentheses below... and a link to my blog look like this:

(a href="http://whinywench.blogspot.com/")Lara's Blog(/a)

If you want it to open in a new window instead of in the same window you can add target=_blank... so it becomes...
(a target=_blank href="http://whinywench.blogspot.com/")Lara's Blog(/a)

There... easy stuff once you know how. :)

Heather said...

I'm the exact same way with the newspaper. I can't stand it when it gets all messy and out of wack. I'll stop reading it!

Great answers! And I don't think you sound THAT weird :)

Wenchy said...

A very happy belated HNT to you & Merry Christmas!

Aisha T. said...

Merry Christmas Mamma! Thanks so much for the Christmas HNT :-D *snatching two pairs of gloves out of air* made me laugh! Hope you and your family have an amazing time this weekend.

Loved all the presents under the tree! The kids are probably going nutsy ecstatic. Really made me feel Christmasy!

Anonymous said...

Cool gifts. I've was sick then I've been really busy catching up but wanted to stop by to say Merry Christmas. I hope your holiday is wonderous.

SignGurl said...

OMG! That's the best gift anyone ever gave me! Thank you so much!

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Anonymous said...

A yep your weird things are cool!