Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stuff in My Head

First, I haven't been able to get around yet to many of the blogs participating in the blogger party. I've been sick all this week and whatever it is, is seriously kicking my ass. I was actually in bed last night by 10pm!! I haven't done that in ages. Woke up at 5am, then went back to bed at 6am and slept until 10:30am. It's now just before 1pm and already I just want to go back to sleep some more. Unfortunately, the little ones don't stop just 'cuz Mama has zero energy!

So we went and saw our lawyer yesterday. He is waiting on some paperwork he needs from our caseworker, and he got all the necessary information from us that he needed, like the girls' new names and such. He'll be sending us some stuff in the mail to get signed and notarized, and said we will be getting this done ASAP! :)

I got some bad news from my Mom this last weekend, and have been coming to grips with it in my head ever since. Her Dad, my Granddad, has been sick with emphysema. In the last month or so, he's really gone downhill fast, and according to my Mom, is just a shell of the man he used to be. She says he is just skin and bones now and is in a lot of pain anymore. His hospice nurse thinks that in maybe a week or two he will slip into a coma, and then it won't be long after that that he leaves us.

I'm struggling with this because though I want to go and see him, I don't want to see him like he is now. Also, I'm really worried about my Grandmother. They've been married for over 50 years, and I know she's going to be so lost without him.

Sigh....don't want to get into it too much right now or I'm just going to end up a blubbering mess. Life is kinda sucking at the moment...hope y'all are doing better!


Mel Chickk said...

So sorry to hear about your Gpa. I know it will be tough but if at all possible, I would go see him. It might mean a lot to him too, to be able to see you. My Gpa had a stroke and lingered about 8 months, paralized and unable to speak. I went to see him as often as I could and looking back on it, I wish I had gone more. I was with him when he died. It was tough to see him like that but I am so glad I was there with him, even if he might not have known it. Sorry, didn't mean to babble, and now I'm crying. Sheesh! I just wanted to say, if you can do it, go.

Hope you are feeling better too.

Oh yeah, and that webcam is awesome!

Katie McKenna said...


Michelle said...

Thinking of you..