Monday, March 19, 2007

They Finally Got Me...

Yep, I've finally been "forced" over to the new Blogger. Guess time will tell how I like it or not.

Anyway...so what's new around here? I am STILL getting over whatever has had me sick. I even lost my voice completely for a few days, and though I can talk now, I still sound hoarse. MrKB has strep throat, he thinks...and both the girls have had colds. Fun stuff, huh?

We got our taxes done and bought a few things we'd been wanting. Got a new entertainment center for the living room, and I got a new monitor for my computer! It's a 19" LCD flat-screen, and I love it! :) We also got a couple of new games for the PS2, along with a wireless controller...that's awesome in itself, 'cuz now the kids and I don't have to worry about tripping on the controller cord when MrKB's playing his games. We also paid ahead on our rent, so now we don't have to stress every month about the DHS check not coming in time to get it paid before they start eviction proceedings. That is a huge load of our minds!

Speaking of MrKB, his birthday was on the 11th. I had planned to do a special post for him, but as sick as I was, I just didn't have the energy. The PS2 games and controller were mostly for him, for birthday presents.

Our adoption caseworker came by again last week with more paperwork for us to sign. Our adoption subsidy was approved, which means we'll still get a check every month towards the care of the kids. She said that the adoption SHOULD be finalized this month, it depends on how soon the lawyer can get a date scheduled in front of the judge. At the very latest, we should be finished by the time Meghan turns 2 on April 13th. :)

That's about it...all the news I can think of at the moment. God, I'm boring! Now I leave you with a short video that someone put together about the Africam I'm so addicted to these days. Really...check it out! It's only about a minute and a half long, and SO worth it!


13 comments:

Monica said...

Great idea about the rent. I'm glad things are moving along on the adoption.

Take care of YOU.

SignGurl said...

Get better! We've got the crud here too.

Glad you got to do something for yourselves.

Just Me said...

Glad to hear you guys are on the mend and that you are almost done with the adoption process.

That YouTube clip is the bomb! I am going to put it on my MySpace. They make it look like its some TV drama...lol. I love it! Man, I cant wait to see a rhino!

MamaKBear said...

Monica: I didn't really want to use it for rent, but I had to be a responsible adult! LOL

Signgurl: I hope you guys feel better soon too! :)

Mel: Ain't it though? I just had to share when I came across it! You gotta tell me your MySpace addy so I can add you!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till this adoptionstuff is over.
It's kinda funny Angelina Jolie goes to VietNam and adopts a child and it only takes a little while.
Guess you have to be famous mamakbear.
Take care of yourself and feel better.
tc

MamaKBear said...

TC: No kidding! She's adopted one and HAD one during this time I've been waiting. I hear she's in the process of adopting another one already. Must be nice to have all those nannies. Good to see you stop by sweetie! :)

Angela said...

Hey MamaK,
Glad everything is still moving along for the adoption. Sorry ya'll have had the crud. The weather is so up and down lately, it's no surprise huh?. I love watching wild animals. I was addicted to watching Meerkat Manor on the Animal Planet:-). When I was younger I had to watch "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" every Sunday night before Walt Disney's weekly movie:-).

MamaKBear said...

Kali: Hiya hun! Yep, no surprise here...I just wish it would go away already! I'm so tired of wiping Meghan's runny, gross nose!

Africam is just so cool! I never really wanted to go to Africa before, but I do now! I watched Wild Kingdom too! :)

Katie McKenna said...

Hey! Great to see you out and about! I hope you feel better soon!Fantastic to hear that they are starting to move closer and closer to the adoption!

I posted other art pictures on my poetry blog. I think another tiger and mountain lion.. plus a few deer..

You started with a few wolves and now you are mesmerized by Africa! :) That's how I went!

hugs!

MamaKBear said...

Katie: Hi! :) Yep...mesmerized is a pretty good word for it! Pretty clear picture of the African night today. Night viewing has been a problem lately. Unfortunately, not many visitors the last couple of nights. Guess there's more water available to drink since a big storm came through a couple days ago. Only thing I've seen today is a lone Hyaena who came and took a little swim.

Mrs. S. said...

I've still only seen bugs. Oh wait, I did see one falling star, and then I thought I saw a meteor shower, but it turned out to be just a bunch of bugs..

I don't think it's in Africa at all. I think someone hung a camera at Tulsa's shitty zoo... All their exhibits are always empty due to "maintenance." Coincidentally, so is there website. I see a pattern.

Ryan said...

sounds like things moving right just a little slow.

MamaKBear said...

Burg: LOL...sorry you keep missing the good stuff! Just a few minutes ago there were Rhinos at the watering hole. :P

Ryan: We're getting there! And yeah...slow as molasses!