Ok, so I've had a few shots of tequila, and now I'm bored 'cuz everyone is asleep, and it's not even 10pm yet. Soooo...thought I'd see if I could come up with 100 interesting (or maybe not) facts about me. You might already know some of them if you read my blog regularly, but remember I'm coming up with 100 things people! I'm bound to not make a lot of sense sometimes.
Anyway, here goes: (no particular order...just as they come to mind)
1. My favorite animal is the Koala...hence the "KBear" part of my blog name.
2. I got married on Valentine's Day 1995. I chose this date for two reasons...one, 'cuz I always wanted to be married on that day, and two, because MrKB sucks at remembering dates and I knew he'd never forget an anniversary since VDay is advertised like crazy starting the day after Christmas.
3. I have one younger sister. No brothers.
4. When my sister had a baby before I did, it REALLY depressed me. Especially since she always said she didn't want any kids. Then she got pregnant again like a year later. I felt like I got punched in the stomach when Mom told me.
5. I got pregnant once...way back in 1993...had a miscarriage on August 8, 1993...haven't been pregnant since, and not for lack of trying! (Funny how a woman will remember dates like that, isn't it?)
6. I was in a relationship with someone else when my husband and I started seeing each other.
7. He had gone into the Navy...MrKB was my friend that obviously developed into something more...he made me realize that the guy I was with I didn't want to marry.
8. I don't regret my decision to leave him at all. He wasn't abusive or anything, just not the right guy for me to spend my life with.
9. I have never cheated on my husband. I don't have to, he gives me everything I need.
10. I trust my husband not to cheat on me...every now and then he goes out with "the boys" and they will end up out at a titty bar...his friends are always surprised I'll let him go. I trust him...he goes out, has a good time, a few drinks, may get a little horny, but he always comes home to me and wants to play!
11. I played the violin for six years as a child. From 1st grade until 6th. Sometimes I wish I hadn't quit.
12. I am mostly deaf.
13. I lost the hearing in my left ear at 3 yrs old due to pneumonia. When I was 10 the hearing in my right ear just went...doctors don't know why. I just remember being in 4th grade, sitting at the back of the classroom like always, and suddenly realizing I couldn't hear what the teacher was saying up in front of the class...I could see her talking, but couldn't hear her.
14. I have worn a hearing aid in that ear for almost 24 years now.
15. I can only hear very loud sounds without it, like a door slamming.
16. I often wish I didn't have to have it.
17. I have perfect eyesight though!
18. Once, not too long ago, I was getting ready to take a shower...had just gone to the bathroom and flushed the toilet..was taking off my hearing aid, and it fell into the toilet WHILE IT WAS STILL FLUSHING!! OMG I freaked out. Very expensive accident. The type of hearing aid I wear is like 1,200 bucks.
19. I went to speech classes for two years after I lost my hearing, so I could learn to lip-read and not forget sounds that are hard for me now, like S's.
20. I don't know sign language except for the alphabet and some words or phrases.
21. I was reading by the time I was 3 years old. Mom says she came into my room where I had the comics page of the paper, she thought I was just making up words then realized I was actually reading.
22. I watched a lot of Sesame Street and the Electric Company (anyone remember that show?) when I was little.
23. Reading and spelling always came easy for me in school.
24. When I was in 1st grade I was ahead of the class in reading, and there was an old-fashioned claw foot bathtub in the middle of the big room of four divided classrooms...While the class worked on their reading I would go kick back in the tub full of pillows and read.
25. To this day I read in the bathtub...it's one of my favorite ways to relax.
26. I suck at math and history.
27. I worked in a daycare for 3 years. I had the 4-5yr olds. 15 to 17 of them 40 hrs a week.
28. That job taught me patience. Was also the best job ever.
29. I am very shy when I first meet people. Unfortunately I've been considered "stuck up" because of this.
30. I didn't become shy until after I lost my hearing. Kids can be cruel.
31. I hate mean people.
32. I hate brussels sprouts.
33. I hate cooked carrots. I will even pick them out of a pot pie before I will eat it. Raw carrots are fine.
34. I REALLY hate hominy. I had an aunt that forced me and my sister to eat them once. My mom never fixed it, and I didn't like it.
35. I played soccer as a kid...missed a lot of the games due to chicken pox though....played it in high school, but quit 'cuz the coach was an asshole.
36. Speaking of high school...I lost my virginity when I was 17.
37. I don't regret it...I was never one of those wait til marriage people.
38. I don't believe in the Christian God...he's failed me too many times. I believe in a higher power though, just not necessarily "God". Please don't judge me on this one.
39. Speaking of religion...I hate it when someone has a "holier than thou" attitude and tries to push their beliefs on me. Hello Jehovah's Witnesses.
40. I only have a couple of close friends.
41. I guess it's just hard for me to let people in.
42. This list is gonna be harder than I thought.
43. I hate winter and cold weather.
44. But I like to snow ski...too bad you can't in Oklahoma.
45. Last time I water skiied I tore a muscle that took forever to heal.
46. I've never broken any bones.
47. I cracked my ribs on the side of the bathtub once though.
48. I was born with red hair.
49. Then it turned blonde.
50. Now it is (natually) brown.
51. I have green eyes. I think they are my best feature.
52. I collect Beanie Babies. I have well over 300 of them. I don't collect them as fanatically as I did before I went on the road with MrKB...I got behind then.
53. MrKB is a truck driver.
54. When he worked for Swift, before all this with the kids came up, I rode with him.
55. I loved the traveling, and not knowing where we'd go next.
56. I have been to almost every state, with the exception of North Dakota, Alaska, and Hawaii.
57. My favorite state is New Mexico.
58. I also love the desert.
59. I like to crosstitch.
60. I love to go camping at the lake...in a tent, not an RV.
61. I love to go fishing, but I don't like worms, or actually touching a fish...I saw my uncle get finned by a fish when I was a kid...It made him bleed, and I could tell he wanted to cry. That makes an impression on you.
62. If I have to touch the fish I catch, I have on gloves.
63. I will not swim in the ocean...too scared of sharks.
64. I don't like to swim in a lake either...I don't like when I can't see what's in the water.
65. I have had sex in a hot tub with snow on the ground.
66. Stephen King is my favorite author.
67. I collect hardcover Stephen King books.
68. My Mom made me take typing in 7th grade. This was before the days of the internet.
69. I'm glad she did.
70. MrKB and I are in the process of trying to get our two nieces and a nephew adopted.
71. We are currently foster parents.
72. If you read my blog, you already know that.
73. In a way, I'm glad my BIL is a drug-addicted screw up...I am getting the kids I wasn't able to have myself.
74. I love stand-up comedy...I love to laugh.
75. My favorite comedian is Bill Engvall from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. (Here's your sign!)
76. I also like Jeff Foxworthy.
77. I consider myself a redneck woman.
78. I used to live in a small town of 1,002 people.
79. When I drink, I like to drink tequila.
80. I hate beer.
81. I wish pot was legal.
82. Yes, I used to smoke it.
83. My parents smoked it when I was a kid.
84. I never claimed to be an angel.
85. The Breakfast Club is one of my all time favorite movies.
86. I used to have a crush on Emilio Estevez.
87. I am an 80's child.
88. I used to be Madonna's biggest fan.
89. I like country music now. Still love 80s music though.
90. Tears for Fears was the first concert I ever went to. I was in 7th grade.
91. Poison used to be my favorite band. I had it bad for Bret Michaels.
92. I love long hair on a guy...I think it's sexy.
93. I hate facial hair though.
94. I love being a Mommy...even if I didn't have them myself.
95. When I was younger I wanted to be an archaeologist.
96. Now when I grow up I want to be a Kindergarten teacher.
97. I am addicted to Coke Classic...I drink at least 6 cans a day.
98. I found out I am allergic to sulfa drugs after getting a nasty kidney infection.
99. I love cats...I had a cat for five years, from the day she was born...she rode on the truck with us...we had to get rid of her because of 5yr old's asthma and allergies. 2 yr old is allergic to them too. I really miss my kitty...she was my baby before I had any babies.
100. If Osbasso ever comes by my blog, I wish he'd say so. I guess I understand if he doesn't make it to my little place...he's got a longer blogroll than me.