Saturday, November 19, 2005

So Today is My First Cigarette-Free Day

I got up this morning at about 9:15. It's now going on 1:00pm and I haven't had a single cigarette. Got my patch on, and it seems to be helping...so far. Unfortunately, I want to eat something! Haven't had anything to eat either, so that could just be hunger....but I worry that I will try replacing cigs with munching all day. Sigh...

MrKB ran out of cigs before I did, so he's been without any since about 6:30am Friday. So far, so good. We're not too terribly cranky and irritable yet, but I'm sure that's coming.

Good thing Aunt Flo's already been here and gone now...don't need my hormones going all nutso right now.

9 comments:

Hillbilly Mom said...

You can do it!!!

I had a friend who quit cold turkey, the week before school started one year. They had just passed some "Drug Free School Zone" thingy, and he couldn't even smoke in the teachers' lounge anymore. This guy was up to two packs a day. He did it...so can you!

MamaKBear said...

Wow..cold turkey from a 2 pack a day habit?! Sheesh...

Fortunately, I smoked less than one pack a day...MrKB smoked more than me since he could smoke in his truck while working.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I. Can. Do. This!

Michelle said...

You can do it!! It's not going to be easy...but you can do it :) Eat carrots and celery sticks....at least you can hold them like a smoke!! (and it's healthy eating) hehe I did that for awhile. Oh, and red licorice, too!! BTW>....it's been 3 years for me....cold turkey! :)

There are lots of ways to satisfy that oral fixation.....lol (yes I do have a dirty mind...lmao)

MamaKBear said...

Well, I HAVE been trying to talk MrKB into just having sex when those cravings hit...

SignGurl said...

Dana, you are too funny. Tell MrKB to get with YOUR program, hehehe.

Anonymous said...

You can do it!

And remind MrKB that sex is the cure for everything.

.- said...

congratulations! take it a day, or even an hour at a time. and your plan B sounds perfect to me.

MamaKBear said...

Jenn: lol...if he'd give in, I'd have prolly had sex at least 10 times today!

MCB: Thanks for the encouragement sweetie! I appreciate it greatly.

Velma: Thank you! The day's almost over now..so far, so good! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Moosekahl said...

I'm proud of you. Keep it up!