Friday, November 04, 2005

So It's Friday

I was going to have my friend and her boys over for dinner and spend the night tonight, but it looks like that's not gonna happen. MrKB just called a little while ago and he is still out in Ada, which is 100 or so miles away. He's still got two more stops to make after that, so he won't be home until probably 10:00pm. Poor guy...he goes to work at 6am! He has days like this at least once every other week. Just really sucks it's gonna be tonight...

Anyway, haven't posted a whole lot the last few days, so let's see what news I have...

Took our 2yr old trick-or-treating on Halloween. She was so cute! She wasn't quite sure what to think about it at first, but soon got the hang of it once she figured out she was getting candy by going up to these strange houses and knocking on the door. Whenever people would come to the door with a bowl full of candy and either give her a few pieces or just hold the bowl out to her, she started grabbing several handfuls...she'd get a handful, put it in her little bucket, then do it again a couple more times. I was like "Oh my gosh.." But most people just chuckled and didn't seem to mind. Guess that's what happens when you're 2 years old and cute.

Most of my week has been pretty boring...stay home, clean house, take care of the kids, cook, etc...

Last Friday we had to go to a birthday dinner for my Granddad...got to see all the relatives that you mostly only see at big family things, even though some of them live right here in the city. A funny thing that happened...MrKB was talking to one of my cousins outside while having a smoke, and found out that her boyfriend works at the same trucking company he does. This company is not a real big company, so it was one of those "small world" kinda moments.

Had the DHS caseworker come out the other day...Halloween, actually...she didn't show up until after 6pm, so we got a late start on our activities for the night. I wish she'd just rescheduled for the next day or something. Anyway, she talked to us about what 5yr old's foster parents had said...get this...SHE said herself that our home doesn't smell like smoke. But then a little later said "well, it kinda does smell like smoke a little bit". WHAT?!? I'd like to know HOW, since we smoke outside. I personally think she convinced herself she smelled it, because I've had several people come in to ask them if they thought it smelled like smoke and they all said no. I will be so glad when all this is over and we get these kids adopted and DHS is out of the picture.

Let's see...what else? God, I have such a boring life! If we had more than one vehicle, I could at least maybe go out and do SOMETHING with my time...go to the gym, maybe a movie now and then...something.

OH! I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of y'all that stopped by my place yesterday, and especially to the ones who left comments! Y'all are great! I really didn't expect such a response, and I am flattered, really! HNT sure makes me look forward to Thursdays...Oh, and I could have SWORN that I included info in that post for people to click on the HNT button and see what it's all about...but I had tried to post it sooo many times before I finally got the pics where
I wanted them, it might have been on one of the previous tries. Osbasso, I promise I will next time!!

Speaking of referring people...if ya haven't already, you need to get on over to Femi-mommy's blog and tell all about your fears for "Fears Friday"...I don't know how to link yet, but if ya click on "Random Thoughts and Confessions of an Urban Woman" over there in my blogroll, it'll take ya where ya need to go.

Sorry I really don't have much to talk about right now...not in a very good mood now anyway since MrKB called...he's had a shitty day and I just know he's gonna be in a shitty mood when he finally does get home. I was also hoping we'd be able to go buy some steaks for the grill for dinner tonight, but I guess I will be fixin' something here instead.

4 comments:

SignGurl said...

I hope you have a great weekend. Enjoy!

MamaKBear said...

Thanks y'all!

mdrock: the DHS road is a long and windy one for sure...I will survive!

Jenn: Gonna do my best, girl...you have a great one too! :)

Angela said...

Ah good ole juicy steak, baked potato, nice salad and a good beer. Yum Yum !!!! Me thinks I know what hubba hubba & I are having tomorrow night *LOL*. Thanks for the steak idea :) I hate when the men folk come home grumpy from being so tired. Hey how come we women do more, our jobs never end until bed time. But when we get a tad grumpy from exhaustion, they ask, "whats up with you?. You reply, "I'm tired I've had a very busy day today and yet I'm still not through, seems my job is never done". He totally ignores you're reply with a quick comeback "I'm the one who's worked the hardest today". While he's stretched back in the recliner where he hasn't moved from except to get up and pee or get another beer. Those are the times it's a good darn thing an iron skillet isn't handy *LMAO* he he he Sometimes men are just big ole babies *giggles*

MamaKBear said...

So true! So true! Well, at least mine anyway!

Thinkin' we're gonna have steak tomorrow night for sure..mmmmmm