So, it happened...I got tagged by Goobergrl in this game, started by lecram. (Sorry y'all I haven't figured out how to link in my posts yet.) Anyway, here it goes... ... As per the rules on lecram's blog:
1. FLIP: open a dictionary and point to a word.
2. Type the word into Google images.
3. PICK an image that strikes you.
4. Write a 10 line RIFF of the image.
5. Use the word or the meaning of the word at least once within the first 5 lines of your riff.
6. Tag 3 other bloggers on your list.
My Word: fair
It was that time of year again, time for the county fair! As I made my way to the entrance gate I could already smell the familiar smells of my childhood memories. Turkey legs, corn dogs, funnel cakes...YUM! It seemed that no matter how old I was, every year I felt like a kid again the minute I walked through that gate.
Only this time, I had kids of my own. "Mommy! Mommy!" they say..."We want to go ride the Tilt-a-Whirl!" Ugh...I hate that ride! It never fails to make me so dizzy that I throw up whatever delicious fair food I'd already eaten. Oh well, the kids hadn't eaten yet, so I guess it was okay for them to ride. "Okay" I said, as I took hold of their hands, "You can ride it, but don't blame me if you get sick!"
Ok...I tag: Signgurl, Hillbilly Mom, and mdrock! Have fun!